Learn how to master cricket betting terms!
Popular cricket betting terms
What are the most important onlinecricketbetting terms?
If you want to start in cricket betting world, you must know some key words that will let you master all the abilities you will require when cricket betting. cricket betting is a little bit complex, but understanding the most important terms, it will be easy for you to master your onlinecricketbetting abilities. So, find out about the most important terms used when cricket betting:
- Yield: Let's start with one of the most unfamiliar technical cricket betting terms to the average punter. When you hear about 'Yield', the first thing that comes to your mind is that Madrid has signed a new player, but no. It turns out that 'Yield' is a technical term. It turns out that 'Yield' is an anglicism that comes to mean the yield that a certain stock gives us.
- So that we understand each other, the Yield is the average profit we get from our online bets, and it is expressed in terms of percentages. This allows us to know what the yield of our forecasts is in the medium and long term, and it is calculated by dividing the net profit by the amount bet and then multiplying it by a hundred.
- Stake: This word is used to refer to the amount of money you bet according to the confidence you have in your bet.
- This seems simple, but it is not so simple if you want to keep track of your online bets and your bankroll. We will explain the game to you. Evaluating the risk or the confidence you have in winning a bet, a scale has been standardized from 1 to 10 according to the difficulty of the bet, and that can give us a guideline to follow when it comes to the money we should play on that bet, and that should never be more than 5% of our bankroll.
- Thus, for the most risky choices (such as the bunkers of our Infiltrator), it is not advisable to play more than 1% of our bankroll, while for the easiest bets and in which we have the maximum confidence in getting ahead, we would play a stake of 4.5% - 5% of our bankroll. As we always say, full security does not exist, but if we allocate our stake well, we will maximize profits in the long term or, at least, minimize damages if things go wrong.
- Bankroll: We continue with anglicisms, and be careful, this is one of the most important ones. The Bankroll is the amount of money we have to play with and controlling this is fundamental for our life in the world of gambling to be fulfilled.
- Okay, yes, your partner takes care of the family economy, but if you do not keep track of the money you have put into your bets, it is impossible for you to know if it is profitable or how much real money you have lost or won over a certain period of time.
- Our advice is that you set yourself a limit, that this limit does not suppose an economic effort (do not forget that this is a hobby), and that it is not convenient to have more than 25% of our bankroll in play, since that would leave us with no possibility of reaction and could lead us to bankruptcy.
- Tipster: We call tipster to the person who is dedicated to give predictions based on a wide knowledge of the sport or the competition to which he makes those predictions. Let's say, a tipster is just what you want your brother-in-law to think you are to leave him with a silly face at the next family reunion. A tipster does not have the absolute truth, and a 50% success rate in the medium and long term is already a remarkable figure.
- There are some who can achieve much higher percentages, but at the cost of making online bets without excessive value and with odds below 1.20, which hardly leaves us any profit and forces us to invest a larger amount of money in each of our bets. It is good to follow tipsters' advice, but never forget that the money at stake is yours and that it is you who must make the final choice, so trust your knowledge and your instinct.
- Overprice or Value: Online cricket betting is a bit like when our partner takes us to the supermarket and spends five minutes looking at the packets of chickpeas to see which one is better in terms of quality/price. Admittedly, if it were up to us, we'd grab the first pack and move on to the next item on the list, but our mother was looking for the value of the product, and that's exactly what we do now with our online bets.
- Because every time we look at the different markets for a game, what we want to find is an option that gives value to our bet. We want to find a loophole, an odd that is unusually high for the risk that the investment requires, and that is where the profit is.
- Rollover: We finish this review with the Rollover, a word that sounds like a new kind of pizza, but it is essential to know so as not to have misunderstandings with bookmakers. Basically, the Rollover is the amount of money you must play to release a bonus and, so that we understand, it would be similar to the 'fine print' that gives us so much joy when we sign a contract.
- Thus, before we go for a bonus, it is always essential to read the Terms and Conditions, since there we will be informed of the amount that we must play (rollover) before being able to withdraw any amount of money linked to the bonus, which varies according to the product (cricket betting, casino, poker...) and the bookmaker in which we are playing.
Strategy to get started in online cricket betting
After choosing a bookmaker, completing the registration process and making the initial deposit, everything is ready to place your first bet. But how? First, you have to be very clear about the relationship between the risk you run and the profit you get.
For example: combination bets usually yield higher returns, although they are the easiest to fail. This corresponds to the fact that - in order to win - it is necessary to hit a series of results, not just one as in the classic mode.
Since in the beginner's stage we do not yet have the transcendental plus of experience, it is recommended to complement the chosen strategy with information, knowledge of the chosen event, a cool head and security.
There are many ways of doing cricket betting and also various types of bets. Some players are methodical and analytical in every step they take. Others, on the contrary, always bet hard and follow the motto "more risk, more profit".
The ideal would be to reach a middle ground between these two options. In any case, for the beginning, reasoning is paramount. Let's look at the case of soccer. There is no such thing as logic, but certain tendencies do exist.
If Barcelona and Hercules play at Camp Nou, the local team seems to be the absolute candidate to win. However, if the host's coach chooses to keep his starting eleven and field a lineup full of substitutes, the odds change. And this type of details cannot escape any bettor's attention. That is why it is crucial to be informed, to know the history and the background.
All these points should be the starting point of the strategy proposed by a novice bettor. A good alternative is to open accounts in different bookmakers to have different parameters regarding the odds.
This will be useful now of placing the bet, since for a beginner it is essential to find the highest odds in the market. If this item is followed with discipline and a long-term line is maintained, the chances of obtaining positive consequences will increase in cricket betting.
So, it is equally important to interpret the spells as such and to keep one's sanity in good times and bad. Of course, if an adverse period goes on too long, the best thing to do is to change course and try a new tactic.
Prudence is key when doing cricket betting. Many beginners make the mistake of betting larger amounts than advisable. And the worst thing is that, without realizing it, they do it for a long time. If the objective is to multiply the initial amount by two or three in ten days, it should be known that this is practically impossible.
So, a good measure to approach this entertaining and respectable world of betting is to set a maximum percentage (between 3% and 9%, no more) of the total balance and not to put more than that at stake in a single bet.
In short, the strategy for a debut in this field must be governed by the following bases: good information, excellent odds, knowledge of the environment surrounding the competition on which you are betting and strict moderation when making decisions.
Cricket betting online
If you want to start sharpening your cricket betting abilities through Online cricket betting tips, gambling online is a great option to start. So, if you want to, get started visiting FUN88 and find out about the best promotions, bonuses and benefits of cricket betting online.